Our Solutions ›
Help your customers or members understand their personal climate footprint and how it compares to others.
How does it work?
Let your customers or members compare their climate footprint with others. The footprint is broken down into categories, so you can see where you are doing better than normal and where you can put in some extra effort!
- Choose what kind of comparison you want. It can be with an average citizen, with the average in your municipality, or with a typical person within the same age group.
- With the user’s consent, relevant information such as family and dwelling size is sent anonymously to our Ducky Compare endpoint. Users can also optionally provide additional information about their habits to produce a more accurate calculation.
- The user’s climate footprint and a relevant average figure are returned for comparison. The footprint is broken down into categories such as food and transport so that users can see exactly where they differ from the average.
Case study: Enova
Enova is a state-owned enterprise that, among other things, distributes funds to private households for energy measures in the home. Enova wants more private individuals to apply for support to implement effective energy measures in their homes. The goal of using Ducky Data was to make Enova’s new websites more relevant and concrete for users, and inspire them to reduce their climate footprint.
Private individuals can go to Enova’s climate calculator to see how they are doing. After answering a few questions, the climate calculator shows how much greenhouse gas (kg CO2e) are emitted as a result of everything you do in the course of a year – everything from heating the house to driving a car. You also get to know what climate footprint you have compared to others who have almost the same household as you, and what it means in detail for energy use in the home.
How Enova’s climate calculator works:
- The user answers eight questions on Enova’s website, including housing type, income and transport habits.
- Ducky’s Compare Endpoint receives this anonymous information and returns climate footprints by category as well as average climate footprint for dwelling type.
- Enova presents the climate footprint to the user, focuses on the energy category and offers possible energy saving suggestions.
Are you wondering how you can use Ducky Data to help your customers become more environmentally friendly, and at the same time gain a competitive advantage based on today’s consumer demands?