Our Solutions ›
Convert consumption data
Calculate the climate footprint of your customers based on data you already have.
How does it work?
Train your customers or members in sustainability! Convert information about how your products and services are used into a climate footprint. Banking transactions, energy consumption, food or travel distances – everything can be converted to greenhouse gases equivalents.
- With the user’s consent, you send anonymized information about the use of products and services to our Convert Endpoint. For example, banking transactions per category or total energy consumption in the home.
- Using our advanced climate calculator, the information you send is converted to a complete footprint in greenhouse gas equivalents (CO2e) per user. The footprint is divided into different categories so the user can understand what the number represents. The reading is most accurate when taken from the categories where you have the most transactions.
- By showing the complete climate footprint of your customer in a preferred category, you help them understand how their lifestyle choices affect the climate. If needed we also can delve into sub-categories if there is good quality data available.
We can convert from the consumption of…
GOODS & SERVICES
Case study: Sparebank1 SMN
The first customer to start using our Ducky Data feed was SpareBank 1 SMN. In April 2021 the bank network launched My Climate Trail as part of its online banking app, and today over 220,000 Norwegian bank customers can check their climate footprint directly from their bank account.
The solution will make customers aware by helping them to understand what causes emissions, and understand how simple lifestyle changes can help reduce their personal climate emissions footprint.
This is how My Climate Trail works:
- The SpareBank 1 SMN app automatically divides customer purchases into various categories, such as groceries, housing, cars and transport, cafés and restaurants, and holidays and leisure, and sends anonymous information about this consumption to Ducky.
- Ducky calculates each personal footprint by multiplying the transaction amount in the shopping cart with a publicly derived emissions impact number for each relevant category. So, for example, we use publicly available government data to understand that every Krone spent on, say, the food category, creates an average of X amount of emissions. By multipying the transaction amount with this emissions X factor, we can reveal the climate impact of that purchase in real time.
- Ducky sends the footprint figures back to SpareBank 1 SMN, which they make available to their customers via the My Climate Trail service.
NOTE: Only the customer sees their personal emissions figure in the app. However, customers are given the option to let Ducky use their anonymous data to build an aggregated overview of major consumption trends in a region or country.
72% of today’s consumers want to be more environmentally friendly. Want to know how Ducky Data can help your customers do just that?